- 6 Spicy Italian sausages, preferably from Napoli
- 1 Red pepper with the skin removed
- 1 Yellow pepper with the skin removed
- 1 Large onion, Chopped
- 2 Cans of Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Glass dry white Italian wine
- 2 Tablespoons
- Olive Oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat the oil in a lidded frying pan and add the chopped onions and the hole sausages , fry this until the sausages start to brown. Then add the wine and allow it to evaporate, add the tomatoes , a pinch of salt, a good ground of black pepper and simmer with the lid on for app 20 mins.
Remove the sausages and cut them into small slices (rounds) and then put them back into the pan adding the peppers which should be cut into largish pieces at the same time. Cook for a further 10 mins and serve with a chunky pasta. If the sauce starts to dry add some more white wine.
A very hearty and filling meal.