My version of this very popular recipe for Tiramisu
- 3 Egg yolks
- 2 Tablespoons of sugar
- 4 Drops of vanilla essence
- 1 Pkt of Savoardi biscuits or trifle sponges
- 10 Amaretti biscuits
- 1 Cup of cold strong black coffee
- 3 Tablespoons of a coffee liqueur,
- 1 Tablespoon Amaretto or Marsalla
- 2 Tubs of Mascarpone cheese
- A Quantity of cocoa powder
Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar and vanilla essence. Add to this the Mascarpone cheese and mix well together. Mix the coffee and the liqueurs. Line the bottom of a small lasagne type dish with the trifle sponges and the crushed amaretti biscuits. Pour over the coffee mixture and leave to soak in for 20 minutes (Don’t make it too wet)
Spoon the Mascarpone cheese mix over the top of this and smooth off put in the fridge to set. Approx. 1 hr before you serve it dust the top of the cheese with cocoa powder.
Try not to eat too much !!!
Unlike Glen Warburton who ate a whole one !!!